This course is only available to school students. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
The National Certificate (NC) in Building Services Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills of the building services engineering sector of the construction industry.
What you will learn
National Certificate in Building Services Engineering
SCQF Level 6:
- Health and Safety
- Graphical Detailing
- Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Mathematics: Technician
- Construction Technology & Design
- Building Services Engineering: Design Project
You will study optional units to be discussed with the lecturer once course commences, such as:
- Heating & Plumbing
- Air Conditioning & Ventilation
- Refrigeration Technology
- Planning, Organisation and Control of Resources in Construction
You must have:
- National 5 Maths and a Science
You might go on to:
- Modern Apprenticeships in Heating and Ventilation, Service and Maintenance, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or general employment in the engineering or construction industry.
- A Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Building Services Engineering, Electrical Installation, Plumbing, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering