This full-time course is ideal to introduce you to the basic skills and knowledge required when working in the Child, Health and Social Care sectors.
When completing your personal statement please follow the guidelines closely
What you will learn
Course topics include: -
- Human Development and Behaviour
- Social Influences
- Values and Principles
- Child development
- First Aid
- National 4 Skills for work in health award
- Core Skills such as Communications and Numeracy
There are no formal entry requirements for this programme as you will be assessed through your personal statement as part of the recruitment process.
You need to provide a comprehensive personal statement with your application which MUST include the following:
- Why you wish to study health and social care.
- What type of care work you would like to work in.
- What skills and qualities do you think makes and effective care worker and why
For this course, if English is not your first language
- you need to have SQA ESOL National 5 (or equivalent)
- If you do not have a formal ESOL qualification but your language skills meet this level, you should apply for your course and then contact our Admissions team to organise an internal language assessment here at the College.
You may be able to progress to higher level Social Care courses such as:
- NQ National 5 in Health & Social Care
- Early Education and Childcare
- SVQ2 in Health and Social Services