Qualification Qualifications ExplainedHNC
Study ModeDay Release
2 Academic Years - 1 Day p/w
Start dateAug 2024
This course is intended to provide students with the technical education requirements for the position of Technician Engineer.
The syllabus is broad-based to allow for future employment with Civil Engineering contractors, consulting engineers, local authorities or possible progression with their current employer
What you will learn
- Technology, Materials & Testing
- Contract & Project Management
- Graded Units
- Site Surveying
- Technical Communication
- Higher qualification in Maths or Physics - Grade C or above. OR
- Technological Higher subject (Grade C or above) with National 5 Maths. OR
- Successful completion of NQ engineering/construction OR equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Successful completion of Foundation Apprenticeship in Engineering
An HNC in Civil Engineering can enable students to progress onto the part-time HND Civil Engineering at Glasgow Kelvin College.