Qualification Qualifications ExplainedNM
Study ModePart Time
2 Half Days p/w
Start dateAug 2023
This course is only available to school students. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
This course will give students a real understanding of what working in a café or bistro involves.
Students will learn about what happens in a professional kitchen, and what’s involved in preparing and serving a range of food to customers. Students will understand the work involved in cafes and bistros and will benefit from the realistic experience of working in the college training café.
Students will have the opportunity to develop and practice a range of skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry, including making and serving food, and working as a team in a café.
- Presentation of food
- Customer service skills
- Essential employability skills for the catering industry
- Setting-up in the catering industry
- Food hygiene for the catering industry
- Working as part of a team associated with running a café.
What you will learn
You will cover
- Nat 4 Skills for Work Hospitality
- Hospitality: Working in the Hospitality industry
- Hospitality: Working in the Professional Kitchen
- Hospitality: Working Front of House
- Hospitality: Introduction to Events
Currently working at National 3 or 4 in a variety of subjects, with potential of working at National 4.
Must have an interest in working in the hospitality industry
Some experience of food preparation or catering knowledge would be an advantage.
Students may be asked to take part in a related selection activity.
Days Per Week Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1.30 pm to 4 pm
Future employment in a hospitality setting - café, bistro, restaurant.
- NQ Introduction to Hospitality
- NQ Hospitality